Careers at LifeSensors
Date Posted: 10.01.13
Sales and Marketing Associates/Manager
LifeSensors, Inc., a biotechnology company that discovers and develops enabling technologies for therapeutic drug discovery and research markets, has established its leadership position by providing innovative research tools for the ubiquitin pathway. Its prokaryotic and eukaryotic protein expression platforms, SUMOpro and SUMOstar, are used worldwide by academic, pharma and biotech companies. LifeSensors is located in the Great Valley Corporate Center, a biotech hub 35 miles west of Philadelphia, in Malvern Pennsylvania, USA.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to lead the sales and marketing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing sales and marketing strategies to make LifeSensors a leader in the field of protein expression and ubiquitin pathway tools. The person will also establish licensing agreements with pharmaceutical and biotech partners, communicating with key clients, performing competitive market analysis, and identifying / developing new product ideas.
- Prepare strategic plans for marketing LifeSensors tools, technologies and services.
- Lead a sales and marketing team to execute the plan, launch new products and grow sales.
- Ensure a steady flow of quality sales meetings with customers, partners and prospective partners. Proactively communicate with existing customers and partners.
- Interface with R&D team on a prospective customer or partner’s needs to close sales.
- Prepare promotional materials for respective product lines, calling on the expertise of LifeSensors experts or external consultants as appropriate.
- Assist in negotiating and securing license agreements, feasibility studies and contracts.
- Provide leadership for innovative digital marketing.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the computerized customer and prospect database, web site and e-marketing activities.
- Carry out market research, competitor and partner surveys as required.
Ph.D/MBA or BS degree with 0-10 years’ experience in sales and marketing or business development. An understanding of biotechnology and the ability to lead the implementation of Global Strategic Plans is essential. Familiarity with the specific requirements and processes for sales and licensing is a plus.
Candidates should have demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies: influencing skills, stakeholder engagement skills, problem solving abilities, decision making skills, excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with high energy and the ability to energize others
- Persistence in getting tasks done as planned, on time, and in finding solutions to obstacles
- Well-organized and reliable
- Outstanding communications skills with a sense of diplomacy and tact necessary to be successful in a rapidly moving environment.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills, combining technical proficiency with commercial acumen and the capacity to influence and convince.
- A creative, solutions-oriented approach, dedicated to achieving high goals, adept at identifying opportunities rather than fearing limitations.
LifeSensors employees enjoy an outstanding total compensation package, including excellent salaries based on qualifications and experience, and benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tax-effective reimbursement accounts for child care and medical expenses
- 10 days annual vacation, 10 paid holidays each year , 5 paid sick days per year
- Retirement Savings Plan with a company match
- Bonus and Life Insurance programs
- Relocation Assistance
<< Back to Career Listing